Saturday, June 4, 2016

New York, New York!!

Hello friends! 

So I've finally made it to Manhattan!  That's my island there!
I'm slowly getting settled in and I absolutely love my neighborhood.  I woke up this morning to a ten block street fair, with vendors selling goods and delicious food...like this lobster roll.

Yum!!  I am eight blocks from Central Park, which is amazingly quiet despite being so close to this lively and loud city.  I went for a run yesterday and happened upon a guy playing a bagpipe.
There are two grocery stores within a block of my apartment, and several gourmet grocery stores easily within walking distance.  This is very important to me.  :)  There is such a variety of people here.  I love the elderly ladies.  Most are with full, bright makeup (red lips and blue eyeshadow) and oftentimes, a strong scowl, which I imagine is from their disdain of kids these days. 

I still love that the shopping carts have their own escalators here.  This was at Bed Bath & Beyond.  Too cool.
Mom and I also checked out Bloomingdale's.  One day, when I get paid again, I will return.  :)
We also saw these amazing, old, wooden escalator steps at Macy's in Herald Square. 
And then I saw this wine in a store and had to buy it.  Cheers!





1 comment:

  1. Lobster rolls, bagpipes, and see thru shirts....who needs Austin!???!!

    ReplyDelete