Friday, June 10, 2016

Brooklyn Bridge

Hi friends!  I changed the settings on the blog, so hopefully everyone can comment now.

Today I ventured into Brooklyn for the first time.  I admit that I only went far enough into Brooklyn to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, but hey, it's a start.  It was a gorgeous day with highs in the 70's - perfect for some amazing pictures! The bridge has a lane for walkers and cyclists, which became a little dicey at times, but I survived. 

I love having the red, white and blue flying at the top!

Check out Manhattan!  I love the One World Trade Center.
Look at the Manhattan Bridge across the East River!
This reminds me of Paris, where people placed locks on the Pont des Arts bridge and threw the key in the Seine when they are in love!  They had to remove all the locks from the bridge though, because part of it fell over from the weight of the locks.  Yikes.  That's a lotta love though.
 And it seems here in the US, we show our love with earbuds. 
 And hello Empire State Building and Chrysler building!!
 Lady Liberty!
To top off the great day, I had some delicious Turkish food that was somehow delivered within 15 minutes of my online order, and delicious raspberries from the local fruit stand on a beautiful appetizer plate that a dear friend of mine gave me. 




2 comments: