Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Central Park

I got lost in Central Park today.  Again.  I would bet money that most of the people that are looking at their cell phones while wandering in Central Park are actually using a GPS app, trying to figure out how to get out of the park.  Because it's that big.  When I went running on Sunday morning, I happened upon a competitive run in the park (which is why I got lost in Central Park the first time).
So I had to run on a less traveled path to get out of their way.  I ran up to a gorgeous plaza with a fountain, and then a serene area with this bridge. 

Around the park are some of the most beautiful buildings.  The architecture in this city amazes me.
I found a beautiful, secluded gazebo at the bottom of a path.  I didn't get too close though, as a homeless person was sleeping there.  However, my father was right.  I could actually live in Central Park. 

Today I went for another run and came upon several unique bridges.  My pictures do not do them justice.  You all will just have to visit me in order to see them in person.

I found a garden devoted to Shakespeare.

And beyond those trees is a theatre in which actors perform free Shakespearean plays. 
I just adored this view.
Does your park have a castle?  Does it?
On a side note, my subway line malfunctioned this week and I decided to walk to a bus line.  I just happened upon the Waldorf-Astoria hotel on Park Avenue.  Perhaps I should have lingered for a bit for a date with a distinguished gentleman.  I did meet a random older gentleman that was heading towards the southern part of Manhattan to play some Bluegrass.   
My library > your library.
It even has lion statues.

No comments:

Post a Comment