Saturday, August 13, 2016

Another Day, Another Museum

Hi friends!  I guess I assumed that Texas heat and humidity was the worst I had experienced, with the exception of Puerto Rico and New Orleans.  Well, New York is doing a pretty good job of competing.  It has been in the 90's and incredibly humid.  It's just not fair, considering how far north we are.  Can't we at least have cooler temperatures with this humidity??  I need to find that special deodorant again.

A few weeks ago, it was the perfect Saturday to wear a glorious hat and head to the Met.  It's such an amazing museum with incredible history.


I came across this gorgeous Monet.  It would fit perfectly in my apartment.  :)


I had to see the special exhibition.  It's all about couture clothing and technological advances.


LOVE IT!



I found my little black dress.


And on to Egypt.  Here is the Temple of Dendur.  You can go inside of it, but the line was too long for my patience at the time.





I haven't seen a Broadway show in a few weeks and was feeling that tug, so when I heard that one of my best friend's friends was in Aladdin, I booked a ticket.  SO AMAZING!! I highly recommend it.


Tiny avocado, $1.50 each.  'Nuff said.  Welcome to New York.


This adorable bronze sculpture is by my church.  :)


I finally finished another blanket!!  My hand was sore for several days after feverishly trying to finish it.  Time to start another!


I have to say that I'm loving living in New York.  Everything is at my fingertips, even if most items costs 2-3x as much.  Great, cheap public transportation helps.  Today I'll be receiving my first delivery from FreshDirect, which is a company that delivers groceries to your door.  I get free delivery for two months, and it's completely worth it for cheaper prices (along with them delivering heavy items that I don't feel like lugging home).

No comments:

Post a Comment