Saturday, July 23, 2016

Thunderstorms and New Jersey

Thunderstorms are strange here.  Half of the time I don't even realize it's raining if I am in my apartment, since I can't hear the rain on the roof or the windows.  A storm hit while I was running errands a few days ago, and luckily I found an alcove against a building to share with several strangers.  I swear they must have built those alcoves specifically for that purpose.

I went to Hoboken, NJ recently with a friend to check out Carlo's Bakery (the famed Cake Boss on TV).


After about an hour of waiting for my number to be called, I ordered three delicious pastries (tiramisu, cheesecake, and lobster tail).  The woman at the counter said "That's it?"  So I added on a strawberry shortcake.  :) Here's my tiramisu.  So delicious!


We walked over to the Hudson River and saw the most beautiful view of Manhattan!



Hoboken is the complete opposite of Manhattan.  I didn't hear a single car honk and did not fear for my life when I crossed the street.  Quite peaceful.

Here are some more photos of Central Park when I was running there recently.  I found a great pond and some beautiful rock formations.  I love the gazebo!  I also came across a fair for kids.






And I forgot to add this photo last time, but it's worth putting up.  When I was in Washington Square Park, there was an amazing pianist on the sidewalk, playing incredible music.


I can also testify that I have seen the naked cowboy.  I was in a hurry, trying to get to a Broadway show, when I saw him, so no current picture, but I will do my best to make that happen again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment