Sunday, October 23, 2016

Visits and Trips

The past two months have included visits from wonderful friends and family, along with some adventures in and out of the city.  It's been great!!

I have to admit that although I love running in Central Park, I don't tend to run into deer.  It was a nice welcome home to the country when I visited family for Labor Day.


And then when I made it back home to NYC, there was a 20 block street festival! Lobster rolls are my fav.


September 11 here was sobering.  I decided to talk a long walk in the park and caught this gorgeous sunset.


On the walk home from the park, I saw the tower lights from downtown.  I cannot imagine being here that day.


My parents visited, so we hit up the 9/11 Museum.  The One World Trade Center building is something to behold.



St. Patrick's Cathedral feels like a little piece of Europe in the city.


Grand Central Station!


The Chrysler building.


The skating rink is now open at Rockefeller!


My friends came to visit and we saw Hamilton.  I really enjoyed it.  It's different from every other musical I have seen and I'm hooked on the soundtrack!


We wandered around Central Park after enjoying some delicious fresh bagels in the UES.  I love that I discover new areas every time I go! Shakespeare's garden was amazing!


Columbus Day parade on Fifth!


I felt the urge to leave the city and found a group to go to Poughkeepsie with to check out some wineries.  The train ride was GORGEOUS with the changing leaf colors and scenery along the Hudson River Valley.  It was the perfect weather with sun and great temperatures.  We found a  pumpkin patch/orchard/corn maze/band festival too!  I made some new friends and was refreshed when we returned.



Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment